CAPE Naivasha Project is an 18 Months advocacy and awareness creation project on Natural Resource Management. The project seeks to create awareness and strengthen advocacy skills for better natural resource management through active and informed participation by the various stakeholders. The project seeks to create awareness on the various policies and laws including; EMCA, Water Act 2002, Draft Wetland policy among others.
Objectives of the Project;
- To increase awareness among the residents of Lake Naivasha basin about environmental rights and duties as stipulated in the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA)
- To facilitate the establishment of a framework for collaborative management of the Lake Naivasha ecosystem. To increase the capacity of local residents around Lake Naivasha to enforce compliance with environmental laws
- To advocate and lobby for collaborative approaches that address environmental conflicts arising from demands for environmental sustainability and rapid economic development
- Environmental civic education: conducted through public lectures, seminars, workshops on environmental laws and policies
- Capacity building: to enhance collaborative action on compliance and enforcement
- Publishing and networking: to feed the activities of the project onto national environmental policy advocacy